no phones, no kids, no work, no dishes , no cleaning or making beds!
Treat yourself to a sewing retreat weekend in our Beautiful restored 1900's dairy barn.
Your weekend starts at 5pm on Thursday night and goes through Sunday at 1:00pm
Open sew weekend
Retreat workshops are for:
~ 3nights/4days (Thursday -Sunday)
6 Meals included with rate:
~ Thursday night dinner
~ Friday and Saturday breakfast and lunch
~ Sunday Breakfast
(There are several nearby restaurants to go out for dinner Friday and Saturday or delivery is available.)
Come by yourself, or with a buddy or two & be ready to meet new friends
Get your sewing group of 20-22 together and have the whole place to yourselves!
(to guarantee that you will have the entire place to yourself, you will need to register online and pay $100 per person at time of registration for each person attending)
Open Sew rate is $279 per person
(if paid in full at time of registration- $309.00 per person if payment is made in two installments)
A Single room may be available for people who want a room to themselves for an additional charge. ($529) Otherwise you will be rooming with the person(s) that you indicate on the registration form.
***Open Sew Weekends payment options are:
- $279 per person, if PAID in FULL at time of registration.
- Otherwise, a deposit of $100 is required to reserve a space and balance of $209 will be invoiced via e-mail and must be paid 90 days prior to arrival.
- (Customers who request a single room will pay in full $529 or can pay $100 deposit and will be invoiced a balance of $459.)
- In very simple terms --you save $30 to pay in full when you register.
Click here to see all room descriptions and photos.
Policies & Workshop Retreat Details
Provided for you in the workshop area are:
Open Sew weekends will require you to bring your sewing machine, projects and supplies. There are six bedrooms: and 4 shared bathrooms Please indicate on the registration form who you will be staying with so we can put you in the same room.
- Ironing boards
- 4 ft X 8 ft cutting table
- individual 3ft X 5 ft sewing table each equipped with a adjustable arm sewing light and 6 way adjustable posture perfect sewing chair
- 4 rooms have two twin beds and would sleep 2 people.
- 1 room has a full size bed and could sleep two people.
- 1 large room has a queen bed and two twin beds and would sleep 4.
- 1 very large room has 5 twin beds.
Provided for you in the rooms are:
Kitchen and living area:
- Clean sheets with a zippered encased pillow protector, (you are welcome to bring your own pillow), A lightweight polar fleece blanket, and a cozy quilt.
- Towels and facecloths are provided in the bathrooms and will be laundered each day. Liquid shower soap and shampoo are in the showers. You will need to bring all other personal toiletries.
- Free WiFi throughout the whole facility
- Enjoy your meals in our large 20X40 open kitchen - dining area.
- The meals provided will be catered in and available at specific times each morning and lunchtime.
- We will provide bottled water and coffee throughout the day. Other drinks , please bring your own.
- Friday and Saturday evening meals are not provided so you may order in delivery or maybe step away from sewing and venture out to a restaurant. (Five within a five mile distance from Needle in a Haystack.)
It is our Prayer that you and your family are healthy and safe.
This Corona Virus sure has thrown a monkey wrench into our schedules and has had a devastating effect on our business and on our livelihood so far this year.
As you may already know, the Needle in a Haystack Retreat has been our home for over 28 years and we have been hosting retreat workshop weekends for the last several years.We so miss having you attend. It is just breaking our hearts. So many of you have made wonderful friendships meeting new people here and then return as friends to come back year after year. We truly love having you here with us.
We were ordered closed by the Governor, on March 17, 2020, as a non-essential business. In the past 8 weeks we have rescheduled many of our events, just to find out that the government mandated closure has not yet been lifted. Once again, we have to reschedule.
At this date we feel that it is best to just hold tight. As soon as we get the "Okay" to operate again we will then be in contact with you to work on re-scheduling into the future—even if we have to reschedule into next year. This pandemic will not last forever and there will be a point where we will all enjoy the sewing time, friendship, fellowship, love, and laughter that we have been accustomed to.
Please be patient and kind. We are not in a position financially to offer a refund and your retreat or event will be rescheduled.
We pray that you are healthy, happy, and safe and that you are finding peace and joy in Sewing, Embroidery, and Quilting.
We are grateful for your patronage, your patience, and your kindness while we work through getting retreats and events rescheduled.
All our Best,
Judy, Jeff and Megan